Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

Cross country

On Thursday the 11th September it was cross country day and everyone was getting
extremely nervous especially me of course because I thought the other girls were faster than me.I told myself “do not say I am going to lose”, just stay calm but never stop when you are running” so that made me brave,never be afraid or give up because champions never give up also I prayed before I ran asking God to help me cause I knew that God will always make our prayers come true.


Once the year 5 girls got to the start line, I was getting nervous, I could feel my heart pounding against my chest.I reminded myself what I said.Mr burt said “put your feet together on the start line, when I say get marks get set you have to get ready” than Mr burt said Go!!.I was sprinting off but suddenly when I was sprinting some of the year 5 girls started to run in front of me but I reminded myself what I said when I sat down on the court “do not say I am going to lose,just stay calm but never give up”..


I heard some adults cheering and there were students who weren't racing, cheering too. already ran.We ran and ran than we got to where the horses were in pt england’s farm and that was were I was getting tired also some of the girls behind me were getting tired to and my friend lotu was running on front of me but she got tired so she stop running then I ran on front of her so I knew I was going to make it in the finals.


While I was running I looked behind me but most of the girls were walking so I just keep on running.The girls in front of me were Machelle,Rosalina,and Angelica but i just remembered that Mr burt said if you come 1st,2nd,or 3rd you are in the finals and I was coming 4th.I tried to catch up to Michelle but she was speeding off .when we almost got to the finish line I sprinted my hardest then Guess what? I came in third place.

I was really happy that I came third   If I didn’t I would be sad but I came third”

No comments:

Post a Comment